THE BEAST - Stainless Steel Grab Bar WINGITS® (5" screw)
The GBW50 is specified and/or approved in healthcare, government, institutional and commercial markets – including every major hotel chain throughout North America.
The GBW50 is 100% waterproof utilizing 3M's VHB tape. It is rated up to 800 lbs. in drywall and tile and in 1/4" fiberglass tub surrounds. When installing the GBW50 into Ceramic Wall Tile, Plaster or Marble, use the Industrial Grade Carbide APACHE200™ drill bit for quick precise holes, 1.25" hole required. The GBW50 was designed for 2" x 4" hollow walls and wall substrates from 1.50" - 2.5" thick.
Commercial Grab Bar Fastening System Installation Guide
WINGITS® Grab Bar Fastening Systems Exceeds Building Codes For Grab Bars In The Following Wall Substrates:
- 5/8” Drywall - Painted or Wallpapered
- 1/2” or 5/8” Drywall with Tub Surrounds
- 1/2” or 5/8” Drywall with Tile, Marble or Stone
- 1/2” or 5/8” Drywall with any Panel Types including Fiberglass, Faux Marble, Acrylic and Plastics
- Multiple Layers of Drywall, Plaster and Lathe
- 1/4” Acrylic/Fiberglass Tub Surrounds
- Most Wall Panels, All Masonry Type Boards
Before You Install: ADAAG recommends Grab Bars be installed horizontally 33” - 36” from the floor.
- Verify the length of the grab bar by measuring from the inside of one flange to the outside of the other.
- To ensure adequate clearance, a stud finder should be used to verify there are no studs within the area where the WingIts® will be installed. Make sure that there is at least 1.5” away from the edge of the stud. If concerned, drill a pilot hole and insert a piece of wire in the shape of an “L” - twirl the wire to make sure there is nothing in the way. Once inserted, each wing assembly will spring open almost 3” in diameter
- Tools Required: Screwdriver, 1.25” Drill (our APACHE200 rated at 200 holes in ceramic wall tile)
Sales Support: email@example.com
Customer Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM EST